Updated on 27 September 2022
Personal Information We Collect
- Only with your consent from our cookie banner, we collect personal data from your visits to the website including, traffic data, navigation data, and location data.
- We collect any information you provide to us when you use our contact forms. Providing your personal data via our contact forms is not a regulatory or contractual requirement. However, certain fields on the form are required because we need this information to respond to your request. Any other information or personal data you share with us when you fill out our contact forms is entirely at your discretion. When you contact us, we will record and retain that correspondence.
- We collect information about your computer, operating system and browser type for system administration purposes. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing habits and behavior that does not identify you or any other individual.
What do we use this information for?
Any information collected by us may be used for one or more of the following purposes:
- To respond to your questions and requests when you contact us.
- To inform you about upcoming events or other marketing communications that may be of interest to you.
- To allow us to create and improve content to make it more relevant to you.
- To personalize your experience across all devices.
- To allow you to take advantage of the interactive features of our website, when you choose.
- To further develop and improve the technical performance of the website to better serve you.
Thus, we strive to collect only the personal information we need.
Our use of your personal information as described above is permitted under applicable data protection law because it is:
- Necessary for our legitimate interests in the pursuit of the purposes set out above; such interests cannot override the protection of your privacy.
- In some cases, necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory responsibilities, such as disclosure to competent authorities, regulatory bodies or public institutions.
How long we keep your data
The length of time your personal data is retained depends on the purpose for which the data is processed. It is not possible to set out the different data retention periods here in a reasonably comprehensible manner within this policy. The criteria used to determine the applicable data retention period are as follows: we will retain personal information as defined in this policy for as long as necessary to fulfill the intended purposes, as necessary for the purposes of our business relationship with you, as consented to by you and/or as required by applicable data retention laws and regulations.
If you are an applicant for a job, personal information related to the application is generally stored for 2 years. After that, it is deleted.
Disclosure to Third Parties
In order to facilitate the use of your information and to provide you with content and/or resources, we share your information with third parties. However, this disclosure will only occur in the following circumstances:
- Disclosure to contractors: From time to time, we may hire or engage other companies to perform certain functions on our behalf. For example, this may be the case for the hosting and/or maintenance of the website content, the development of certain features, or the provision of financial information at your request. All these third parties are subject to a strict duty of confidentiality and are not authorized to use your personal information for any other purpose.
- Disclosure to SIFA group entities: Other entities may use your data to respond to your requests and to ensure the performance of their duties in connection with SIFA services.
- Communication to governmental authorities: Authorities may request access to certain information. In this case we are legally obliged to provide this information.
Where is the information stored and processed?
As explained above in the paragraph “Disclosure to Third Parties”, we disclose your personal data to :
- Third party suppliers, providers or agents: when we use a third party supplier, provider or agent, your data remains under our control and means of verification are put in place to ensure the adequate protection of your personal information.
We endeavour to take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is processed securely and in accordance with this Policy.
At SIFA, we believe that respect for privacy relies on a robust security system. We use administrative and technical security measures to protect your personal data, taking into account the nature and processing of personal data, as well as the threats. We constantly seek to improve these security features through our monitoring tools to ensure the security of your personal data.
Although we are committed to doing everything necessary to ensure that our systems are as secure as possible, the transmission of your personal data is your sole responsibility in the event of a breach.
Your rights of access, rectification and deletion
Under applicable data protection laws, your rights are as follows:
- Right to access and obtain a copy of your personal data: You are entitled to request confirmation that we are processing any personal information about you. If so, you may access your personal data and certain information relating to its processing. In some cases, we may provide you with an electronic copy of your data upon your request.
- Right to rectify your personal data: If you can demonstrate that the information we hold about you is incorrect, you may request that it be updated or otherwise rectified.
- Right to delete data: You are entitled to request the deletion of your personal data. SIFA undertakes to carry out this deletion without delay once we are satisfied that the personal data is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected or processed in the course of providing services to SIFA.
To exercise these rights, you can send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Insofar as the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you also have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing based on your consent that has previously taken place.