A historical group
Since it was founded in 1951, the SIFA Group has continually developed goods trade between mainland France and French overseas departments and territories.
With strong roots in the Caribbean region, followed by expansion throughout other parts of the world, the Group has always chosen to stay close to its clients, seeking to satisfy their every need while building unparalleled local expertise. At the same time SIFA expanded its excellence in air and maritime shipping, always keeping up-to-date with the latest standards in international commerce, including certifications, digitalization, and specializations.
While enhancing its offering, the Group focused its attention on meeting its clients’ needs, even very specific needs. This led to the creation of several SIFA activities:
• PROJECTS, mainly designed for shipping needs related to industrial projects.
• STORAGE for goods upon arrival (remote stock), and activity that grew quickly since it was started in 2014, and has now been integrated into all subsidiaries.
The group’s overseas experience quickly became a major advantage for our international development, given the needs of clients and suppliers with the rest of the world.
In this perspective of development, the group established in 2016 in Africa (Senegal, Ivory Coast) and in Madagascar.
Proud of its historical position on all oceans, the SIFA Group heads confidently into the future.
4 major regions served
- Caribbean region, from Miami to French Guiana
- Indian Ocean
- Pacific Ocean / Asia / Oceania
- Equatorial Africa
We continue to reinforce our international presence in the Americas
Storage, an essential tool
- 17 warehouses for storing, receiving, and shipping goods in the French overseas departments and territories and mainland France
- with warehouses in Miami and Los Angeles serving the Caribbean region and Pacific Islands, enhanced by East-West truck service in America.
Over 4 million euros invested in 2016
for purchasing, building, and improving our warehouses, vehicles, and equipment, and to develop new services.
While maintaining its strong roots in mainland France (180 employees), and in France’s overseas departments and territories (270 employees), the Group has chosen to develop its activities in three other priority regions:
• The Americas
• Equatorial Africa
The main areas in trade growth for our historical clients, these geographical zones also represent very high potential for our new clients.
10 million packages in 2016
In 2016, SIFA shipped and/or grouped 10 million packages, delivered all around the world in over 20,000 containers of all types.